The Annual Survey of School System Finances covers all public school systems that provide elementary or secondary education. The data include revenue by source (local property tax, monies from other school systems, private tuition and transportation payments, school lunch charges, direct state aid, and federal aid passed through the state government), expenditure by function and object (instruction, support service functions, salaries, and capital outlay), indebtedness, and cash and investments.
To report online:
DUE DATE: Please read the instructions, complete the form, and return it or complete it online within two weeks.
1. Sign-in with the username and password provided in your letter at https://respond.census.gov/f33
2. Click the log-in button to begin reporting
3. Username and password are case sensitive
4. For assistance completing this survey, please call the customer help line at 1-800-622-6193, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST or email at ERD.F33.List@census.gov.
To help you prepare for online reporting, click on the appropriate forms and instructions below.
(All forms are in Adobe PDF file format and are for informational purposes only)
The Census Bureau conducts this survey and requests your voluntary assistance under the authority of Title 13, United States Code, Sections 8(b), 161, and 182; and Title 20, United States Code, Sections 9543-44.
Public records retained from this collection do not require confidentiality under provisions of Title 13, United States Code (U.S.C.), Section 9(a). Per the Federal Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2015, your data are protected from cybersecurity risks through screening of the systems that transmit your data.
Below are a few common items you can use to verify the legitimacy of this survey:
1. Ensure the Web address provided in the letter is a "census.gov" domain.
2. Reporting information is provided in the letter.
3. On the log-in screen, a warning message should be present stating the respondent is accessing a U.S. Government computer.
4. Additionally, the upper right corner of the page should display the OMB eight-digit number and expiration date. This number indicates that the OMB has approved the survey and has confirmed there is a need to collect the information.
5. The bottom of the log-in screen should have a link for the “Burden Statement” which also contains the OMB eight-digit number.